Terms and conditions online art shop Stichting Uit Het Gareel
We are Stichting Uit Het Gareel and we sell artwork by young emerging artists. You, the customer, can buy artwork in our webshop (available at www.uithetgareel.nl), during events and exhibitions that we organize. If you decide to purchase (one of) artwork via our webshop www.uithetgareel.nl, the following conditions apply. The terms and conditions are based on the conditions of the Dutch Thuiswinkel Organization. Would you prefer to read the original terms and conditions by the Dutch Thuiswinkel Organization? Then click here.
Are you a business-to-business customer or are you interested in making a personalized request for (one of) our artists? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Article 1 – Definitions
This is what we mean when we use the following words:
- Agreement: a contract in which the customer purchases products from Uit Het Gareel in the webshop of Uit Het Gareel and the purchased products are delivered by the artist whose work was purchased;
- Cooling-off period: the period in which the customer can make use of their right of withdrawal, this is 30 calendar days.
- Customer: the natural person who does not act for purposes related to their trade, business, craft, or professional activity;
- Day: calendar day;
- Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the customer to cancel the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
- You / you / your: the customer who buys our products;
- Uit Het Gareel: the legal person Stichting Uit Het Gareel;
- Model form for withdrawal: the form included in Appendix I of the terms and conditions, which you can fill in if you wish to make use of your right of withdrawal;
- We / us / our: Stichting Uit Het Gareel;
- Work / Works: the product we sell
Article 2 – Identity Stichting Uit Het Garel
Uit Het Gareel trading under the name:
Stichting Uit Het Gareel
2562SW Den Haag
Phone number: +31 646923451
Availability: Monday to Friday – 11:00 – 18:00
E-mail address: email@example.com
Chamber of Commerce number: 75755270
VAT identification number: NL860385577B01
Article 3 – The offer
- The offer consists of the works that are offered for sale on www.uithetgareel.nl, at the prices and conditions stated there.
- Standard shipments are within the Netherlands. If you would like to place an order outside of the Netherlands, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a personalized shipment for you.
- Uit Het Gareel intermediates between sellers (artists) and consumers. When acting as an intermediate, we will do our utmost best to complete all purchases. Nevertheless, it can occur that a work of art that is offered for sale on www.uithetgareel.nl, is no longer available at the moment a payment is transferred. Should this be the case, Uit Het Gareel will inform the consumer and refund the paid sum within 10 workdays.
Article 4 – The agreement
- The moment you complete your purchase and accept our terms and conditions of sale, the agreement is concluded.
- Uit Het Gareel has the right to check (within legal limits) whether you can meet your payment obligations and whether other factors are important, before we can responsibly agree with you. If, based on that investigation, we have collected enough information that makes us decide not to complete our agreement, we may refuse your order or request.
Article 5 – Our right to cancel the order
We explicitly reserve the right to cancel an order without being responsible for costs and damages in the following situations: We have not received payment through our payment provider.
Article 6 – Right of withdrawal
- Damaged works cannot be returned.
- If you buy a work in our webshop, you are allowed to change your mind within 30 calendar days after purchase. You can cancel the purchase within this period without providing a cancellation reason.
- The cooling-off period referred to in 5.2 starts on the day after you, or a person designated by you in advance, have received the work. If you have ordered multiple works, we will count from the day on which you, or a third party designated by you, have received the final work.
- In case of a return, works have to be returned within 30 calendar days of receipt, complete, in new condition and, if reasonably possible, in the original packaging. Feel free to look at the product very, but make sure you do so carefully, with clean hands. Don’t stain the work or damage it. If you return a work that is damaged, we can not refund your money.
Article 7 – What do we expect from you during the cooling-off period?
During the cooling-off period, you will handle the work and packaging with care. You may unpack and inspect it as you would in a store. But, if you don’t handle the product with care and damage or stain it, you can no longer return it.
Article 8 – Exercise of the right of withdrawal
- If you decide to return the work, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. In this email, please mention the following:
- Which work you would like to return
- This is not mandatory but we would like to know why you would like to return it
- You can only return the work with all corresponding accessories, undamaged, in it’s original condition, and preferably in the original packaging.
- If you would like to return your purchase in person, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can organize a meet-up with you and the artist.
- You have to return the work by registered mail. If the returned work has a value over €500 (or products combined), you will have to insure your return shipment at your local post office. The shipping costs of returning items are for your own account.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to return the work on time and in good condition.
- The purchased amount will be refunded to your account within 14 days after we have received the returned work in good condition.
- Uit Het Gareel will transfer the money back to your bank account, no coupons are used.
- If you return the complete purchase undamaged and complete within 30 calendar days, we will also refund the shipping costs of the work. This does not apply to the return costs. This only applies to a complete purchase, so if you purchased two works but you only return one, this doesn’t apply.
Article 9 – Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
If one of the purchased works is personalized at your request, or if you have a work made on request, you cannot return the work. Since this is concerning a personalized work, we are no longer able to sell this work to other customers. We ask you for your understanding.
Article 10 – The price
- Purchase prices include VAT (sales tax), but do not include shipping costs. Shipping costs will be calculated at the end of your purchase. If we adjust our prices, this will not affect you if the purchase agreement has already been concluded, unless the price change is the result of an adjustment in the amount of VAT.
- The price you pay when you purchase a work is the fixed price at that time. It is possible that a work goes on sale after you have purchased it. No rights can be derived from this.
Article 11 – Delivery and implementation
- Uit Het Gareel aims to deliver works within seven workdays after purchase. The artists personally send out each order. A purchased work can also be picked up at the Uit Het Gareel office or the artist’s studio. The advantage of picking up the work yourself is that you can cancel your order on the spot, in case you don’t like it and you do not have to pay shipping costs. Plus, you get a free meet and greet with the artist that created the work!
- The delivery address is the address that you have indicated during the purchase.
- If you buy a product on www.uithetgareel.nl, we will deliver it as soon as possible, but we aim to deliver within seven workdays.
- If delivery is delayed, or if we can only deliver part of your order, we or the carrier will let you know as soon as possible.
- You are obliged to notify us of any damage to the work within 2 days after receival, by sending an email to email@example.com including a photograph of the damage. Therefore it’s important to inspect the work for any damage once you receive it.
- All works will be shipped via registered mail and/or insured.
- Can’t wait for your order to be shipped? You can also choose to pick up your order at the artist’s atelier in The Hague! During checkout, you can choose “click and collect”. When choosing this shipping method, you will complete your purchase and an appointment between you and the artist will be made by Uit het Gareel. If you buy from different artists, we will organize a pick-up point, so that you can pick up the different works at one single location. This meet-up will be organized via email. We will offer you different days and time slots from which you can choose.
- Big and heavy works need a personalized shipment, therefore you can only choose “click and collect”. When you buy a work like this, we will arrange the pick-up between you and the artist just like described in point 7.
Article 12 – Payment
- Orders can be paid in advance with the following payment methods: iDeal, credit card, or Paypal. Custom orders or personalized orders are to be paid by invoice.
- If you neglect to pay the invoice on time, you will receive a reminder from us. If you again neglect to pay the invoice before the date mentioned on the reminder, we may charge statutory interest on the amount due. We may also charge extrajudicial collection costs incurred by us. These collection costs amount to a maximum of 15% on outstanding amounts up to € 2,500; 10% over the next € 2,500 and 5% over the next € 5,000 with a minimum of € 40.
Article 13 – Disputes
Dutch law applies to the agreements we conclude with you.